Saturday 4 January 2014

Saturday Sessions

I felt: Disgusted with my lack of self-control - ate way too much sweet stuff!


I slept: 8 1/2 hours in 5 chunks - a bit restless, and woken by leg cramps a couple of times :/


I worked out:  Mid-morning, I did 46 minutes of cardio/body-shaping with the Firm's Cardio Overdrive. However, this is distinctly mis-sold. The back of the dvd says: 

"This will kick your weight loss into high gear. Unique low-impact cardio and body-shaping exercises burn calories both during and after this dynamic workout. Tone your legs, arms and waist to the high-energy beat with easy-to-follow steps and Alison s expert coaching."  

However, although low impact options were given, there was loads of high impact stuff.  Also, as it was my first time doing it, I misjudged when they said I should use light weights, and would have liked to go heavier.  So, mid-afternoon I did another 33 minutes, with the Firm's Cardio Time Crunch.  I did it combining my 1/2k weights with my 1k and 2k to give me 1.5k and 2.5k for "light" and "medium", and that worked quite nicely.  It did convince me, though, that I need more weights :)


I ate:  After lunch, 120g choc chip muffin. After dinner, 70g chocolate and 65g biscuits. Total 255g :(

I am grateful for:  Having found my hypnobirthing book and CD's.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you've forgiven yourself for the sweets and are no longer disgusted. Those days happen to everyone. You still worked out, and that is really impressive to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Siddaleah, yes, I've forgiven myself. In some ways, it was good as I felt so sick that it put me off sweets yesterday. And as for working out, I'm an exercise junkie. It's not a bad addiction, all things considered, but it is an addiction still...

      Delete
  2. That's one thing I dislike about the newer Firms. They are bit bouncy no matter what they say, and over-choreographed. I like the BSS ones so much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite like the choreography, for me it keeps them interesting longer. Still, when something says it's low impact, and then chucks in loads of bouncing, I'm not a happy bunny!

      Delete