Friday 3 January 2014

Birthday Party Sins?

I felt: Happy to celebrate my son's birthday, though annoyed that he was rather tired and grumpy with all his grandparents over.


I thought: About whether I should buy some more weights. At the moment, I have 0.5k, 1k, 2k, and 5k dumbbells. However, the 5ks are a bit too heavy for a few exercises, and the 2ks too light. On the other hand, weights are heavy and take up quite a lot of space...


I slept: 8 1/2 hours in 5 chunks


I worked out:  Just 41 minutes of weights and cardio with the Firm's Time Crunch Cardio. As it was, the first of the grandparents arrived before I finished showering :o


I ate:  70g birthday cake after lunch, then 60g biscuits and 80g chocolate after dinner - total 210g - not too bad for a birthday party situation.

I am grateful for:  My son having reached six years old.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's dedication. A workout and a birthday party. Exhausting! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really see exercise as a treat and a gift I give myself :) I love taking the time out to exercise, and I know it helps relieve stress and worry. It also helps me feel better about myself - knowing I am strong and fit and flexible, even if I am not the perfect shape according to current standards :D

      Delete
    2. I really wish I could shape my perspective around exercise that way. I have a way to go. ;-)

      Delete
    3. I'm lucky, I always enjoyed exercising, even when it wasn't "cool" at school. And having done more as an adult, I've become addicted - it's a habit you can really get into. The endorphin kick, and the feeling of satisfaction. However, that takes time to build into, and I've heard a lot of people say that if they start missing sessions, then they lose that buzz. Wouldn't know, as I've exercised at least 3 times a week for several decades now, and that drop to 3 was only when I was in my first trimester with my first child! :)

      Delete