Saturday 25 January 2014

Fit on Friday

I felt: Tired and emotional. Cried on the phone to the school nurse (hope she didn't notice). Still, got some good news in the afternoon, so I'm feeling more hopeful again.


I slept: 7 1/2 hours in 5 chunks, including a nap in the afternoon.

I worked out:  41 minutes of cardio-sculpting, using 4k, 3k, 2k, and 1k for the cardio sections.

I ate:  95g of chocolate cake :) I think partly eating less is because I had a larger, healthy snack around 5pm. Also, though, my stomach seems to be shrinking - the baby is taking up more space, and I really need to go for little and often, or else end up feeling refluxy - bleurgh!

I am grateful for:  Chanting, which lifts my spirits.

4 comments:

  1. It's been long enough since I was pregnant that I can't really remember what it feels like. (11 years) Although, and this is a somewhat depressing thought, I weigh more now than I did at full term during any of my pregnancies. I wish I had been kinder to myself back then. I thought I was SO fat. I wasn't. I have a long history of seeing myself in the worst light. Wow. Sorry to make your post all about me. lol Anyway, keep doing what lifts your spirits, and remember to be kind to yourself. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you wrote made me think of the idea of writing a letter to your future self. This is almost like a letter to your younger self. At least, seeing now how down on yourself you were then may encourage you to be kinder to yourself now. Despite having started this blog because I wanted to lose some weight, I'm not feeling bad about my size now. But I do still get down on myself for my grey hairs and the bags under my eyes, so your message feels relevant to me, too :)

      Delete
  2. Hugs to both! I know how both of you feel -- I can relate! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is it in the human psyche that makes us so often harsh to ourselves? Anyhow, at least we can recognise the tendency and try to act differently :)

      Delete