Saturday 11 January 2014

Balance

I felt: Disappointed, a couple of people have let me down.


I thought: About the breathing that is recommended in hypnobirthing, and how similar it is to yogic breath. Although the book I have says many hypnobirthing mothers don't want to be active, knowing that I'm very used to combining breath and movement, I think I may still keep moving during my birth, rather than just meditating in stillness. We'll see...


I slept: 8 hours in 4 chunks - I was up for a while twice in the night, the second time I went and practised yoga, then managed to sleep some more.


I worked out:  36 minutes of yoga in the early morning, then 41 minutes of the Firm's Burn and Shape. I used 2k for light, 3k for medium and 4k for heavy. With my new dumbbells, I was able to combine 2 in one hand for 6k on the lat rows. It was good to do this workout again so soon, to get the routines clearer in my head and get more out of them :)


I ate:  94g chocolate and 25g biscuits - total 119g.

I am grateful for:  A lovely day.

4 comments:

  1. Not Burn & Shape! This is the worst of the Pink Firms, the absolute worst! LOL :D I posted a review of it on the Firm website (many moons ago when I used to hang out there) and called it 'Flail & Shape'. Ha ha ha. Well, I can't talk, I haven't done a workout since 10th Dec. Good work for keeping the faith, little mama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I liked this better than some of the other Pink Firms. Less high impact, clearer cueing and not as dancy. What didn't you like about it?
      I wonder, too, what would help you get back into the exercise vibe? What do you enjoy most in a workout?

      Delete
    2. It's been so long since I did it. I just remember I hated it.

      What do I enjoy most about working out...finishing. You know I can't really remember. I liked being thinner. I liked looking and feeling stronger. I liked looking at the timer and thinking, 'Only 15 more minutes, I can do it.' I liked trying to do one more press up or deeper squats or lifting heavier. I liked the personal challenge. Getting started was always the hardest part. I didn't allow myself to NOT start. I always feared that if I ever did, I might never work out again. I leave the house at 8.15 and get home at 6.30 and I'm tired. I don't want to do it. It's not an excuse, it's just true. I have to get used to my new daily schedule, commuting three days a week, before I can concern myself with this.

      Delete
    3. That is really tough. I know some people talk about getting up early to exercise before their commute, but that definitely takes dedication. Hope you find your groove with the new circumstances.

      Delete