Friday 24 January 2014

Manifestation

I felt: Exhausted and weepy.


I thought: About the Law of Attraction and ideas of manifestation. We have been without much help with our son for about a month now, never had that happen before. I wonder whether part of it is a cheap shot by one person who attacked us saying our son is only as nice as he is because we don't spend much time with him. At some level, have I been wanting to spend more time with him to "prove her wrong"? On the other hand, the timing sucks as I feel so tired, and struggle with him physically given my very pregnant state.


I slept: 8 hours in 3 chunks, though the last bit was after being awake for a while and then practising yoga at 5.20am.


I worked out:  32 minutes yoga, including a long (maybe 20 breaths) in squat, doing kegels. Later, I did 26 minutes of Time Crunch Cardio with Allie del Rio, because I was in a time crunch :)


I ate:  15g chocolate after lunch, 15g chocolate and 21g biscuits after dinner - total 51g. I also had a moma oat pot (150g), but I'm not sure whether to count that seeing as it's fairly healthy and slow energy release. Overall, a good day.

I am grateful for:   My therapist.

7 comments:

  1. Oh dear. That sounds very stressful. Please ignore the painful things that people say. I really don't think most people realize the impact of negative or offhanded comments. You are such a wonderful person and should only be concentrating on things that make you feel good and whole. There's plenty enough stress as it is! That said, I definitely understand feeling frustrated and hurt by events like that. It's very hard not to be. Who is this person!?

    Anyway--lots of love,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that particular person was trying to be hurtful - she also gave my DH the finger at the end of that conversation. Still, she'd been involved with my son for a year and a half, so it's harder to just dismiss what she said. Though I really don't think it's true, it's just sometimes I do feel guilty at how much help we get. Partly as I know how much other people struggle with difficult kids, yourself included, with rare moments to even have a quiet bath or read a bit.
      Anyhow, we're changing our approach on finding some more help, so hopefully that will happen before Number Two arrives!
      Lots of love,
      Kxx

      Delete
    2. That sounds incredibly difficult...I am very sorry! I do have some help--thankfully my husband has been supportive, more so over the past few years. I did struggle mightily the first 4 years, mostly alone. I wish I had loved myself enough to get more help.

      Sending lots of love to you. I hope you find a wonderful, harmonious situation that helps you through this transition and beyond. You deserve so much good!

      Xxxoooo

      Delete
    3. Well, my DH took the brunt of it, while I looked after our son. Still, he needed to vent, and some of it really stuck in my head, ah well.

      Glad that J is more supportive now, and that you allow him to help - that's a big part of it, too. I think, as mothers, we often feel it's our job to do it all, but we're not superwomen: though pretty good ;)

      Huge hugs to you,
      Kxxxx

      Delete
  2. P.s. That confrontation sounds awful! Much love to you and hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your son is only nice because you hardly spent time with him?!! Sorry, that made my eye twitch. (Stress or anger do that to me sometimes). Grr. People never give their idiotic remarks enough thought. Hope you feel better soon. Hugs all around. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I say, I think she was being as bitchy as possible, rather than simply idiotic. Ah well, the point is that I'm a fool for taking things to heart. There's a part of me knows that love shines through, and I sure do love him :)

      Delete