Sunday 29 September 2013

Weigh-In

Yesterday, I had a doctor's appointment and they weighed me. I was a bit surprised at the weight (though it was fully dressed) so I decided I'd better weigh myself at home to check.

Today I weighed: 67.7kg (149 1/4 lbs)


BMI: 24.6


I felt: A little surprised by how much weight I've put on. I don't feel all that fat, but my bump is definitely prominent. I guess it's also that I've put on a lot of weight since I stopped feeling sick all the time. Not sure what the recommendations on baby weight gain are, I guess that's something I'll have to check with my consultant. Overall, I don't feel bad, still exercising regularly and eating lots of fruit and veg. I could definitely be eating less sweets, though!


I thought: When I conceived, I was at 66.8 kilos, so seen from that perspective, I've only put on 1 kilo (2 pounds) so far this pregnancy.


I slept: 8 1/2 hours in 4 chunks.

I worked out:  23 minutes of Jessica Smith's Better Body Blast (legs), and 18 minutes of dance aerobics with Nekea Brown. Didn't like the dance aerobics nearly as much as I liked her step aerobics. Ah well...

I ate:  20g of choc almonds and 18g of biscuits after lunch, 64g brownie finger and 29g non-choc biscuits after dinner. Total 131g - better.

I am grateful for: The fact I enjoy working out.

6 comments:

  1. How tall are you? It's hard for me to fathom 149 being 24.6 BMI, but then I'm 5'7" myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm 5'5 ish (166cms). Even a couple of inches does make a difference :)

      Delete
  2. Wow...well that is not bad at all 2 pounds is a piddly pregnancy gain! Not bad at all. Sending happiness and esteem! Xxxoooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the problem is that it's 9 pounds since 17th August, just that I'd lost weight at the start of my pregnancy. So, 9 pounds in 6 weeks, not great :( I think because I lost weight and because I felt nauseous/hungry all the time, I've just been going with it. But I wouldn't want to keep gaining weight at that rate for the rest of my pregnancy!
      Kxxx

      Delete
  3. When you were talking about all the weight you'd gained with the pregnancy I thought you must be talking at least 15 pounds! I can put on two pounds in one day if I eat a salty meal. Easy. lol. 2 pounds is really good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I say, it's 9 pounds in 6 weeks, just only 2 pounds up since June. But I hear what you're saying about fluctuations due to water retention etc. I guess I just know I haven't been eating all that well, and I don't want to keep doing that to myself and the baby...

    ReplyDelete