Wednesday 4 September 2013

10 lbs Down?


I felt: Overall, pretty good.

I thought: About my son's teeth (we went to the dentist). I worry about them a fair bit. Firstly, because he grinds them dreadfully. Secondly, because he doesn't eat much orally, so they don't get much stimulation - how will that effect him losing his baby teeth? Thirdly, about how to get him, with his adult teeth, to grind them less and use them more...

I slept: 6 3/4 in 4 chunks

I worked out:  49 minutes of cardio and weights - Jessica Smith's 10 lbs Down, both the Arms and Legs sections plus a bit of extra stretching on my own. The title is ridiculous, as there is little or no direct connection between exercise and weight loss. Still, the workouts are quite good, though with hardly any stretching :(

I ate:  80g choc flapjack, 100g choc sauce and mango sorbet, 45g choc biscuits, 25g choc - 250g - meh...

I am grateful for:  Having enough knowledge to be able to modify my workouts as needed, to look after my low back, my finger, and whatever else may be affecting my exercise at the time.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I thought you'd lost 10 lbs when I read this and I was like WHAT! It's too bad they title workouts such silly things. It's also too bad people aren't more up front about the true value of exercise. It's good for us in every way, but weight loss is not one of them. :)

    Try not to worry about your son's teeth. Unless they are causing him pain, that's something to leave for another day. One less thing. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, on both counts :) In terms of exercise, I've worked out pretty much every day for nearly two decades now, and in that time I've been both super thin and very close to being over "healthy" weight. My workouts haven't been much different from one phase to the other, in fact I worked out pretty hard when I was at my heaviest. Ah well...
      Kx

      Delete