Wednesday 25 September 2013

So-So Tuesday

I felt: Quite relaxed and happy. Good night's sleep and a nice walk outdoors, as well as seeing a gynaecologist - things are good today.

I thought: Oh, I haven't seen one of those for a while (about a big bar of Toblerone that I bought and ate 3 chunks of) :(

I slept: 8 3/4 hours in 4 chunks - yippedy-doo. I slept til nearly 8am, and then didn't nap, which is the first time I've done that in months, if not years. Well, not the not napping, but the sleeping that late ;)

I worked out:  45 minutes of step with Kari Anderson's Go. Although it's a beginners step workout, the choreography isn't too dull, and in my current state it still got me sweating with only minor added variations to increase intensity. Which makes a nice change from Cathe, where I was always adjusting down, and still suffering. Think I need to find some more easy step workouts, as I like the cardio buzz, but I'm just not up to my previous workouts.

I ate:   Didn't do well today. I had some Toblerone and a biscuit after lunch, and more Toblerone, biscuits and some chocolate cake after dinner. 76g biscuit (not choc), 108g choc cake, 80g Toblerone - total 264g. In many ways, I think the pure chocolate is worst, at least in cake it's diluted with other things that do at least approximate food - egg, flour...

I am grateful for:  The beauty of Autumn. My DH and I went for a walk on the local heath in the afternoon, which was lovely :D

7 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good day...very well deserved!!! Sleep helps so much. It is funny-I bought my brother-in-law a Toblerone as part of his birthday present this past weekend. There is something irresistible about those little triangles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toblerone is one of my favourite chocolates ever, yet it's a lesson in the bizarreness of tastes. I'm not a fan of nougat, yet in Toblerone I love it. Once, while living abroad a couple of decades ago, I took half an E (only time I ever did). I tried eating some Toblerone, and found it revolting. Made me think of the way that love and hate are so close together...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. E for ecstasy :) It was interesting how it heightened the senses, making the flavours pop more in a most unpleasant way...

      Delete
    2. OOOHhhhhh...ok. Haha. That is what I thought but I wasn't sure. That is very odd. So...the moral of the story is...don't mix ecstasy and Toblerone? :D

      Kidding, kidding! Hugs...

      MM

      Delete
  3. Did you know there are actually a few different types of Toblerone? I think it's new.

    There's the salted almond Toblerone:

    http://www.amazon.com/Toblerone-Chocolate-Crunchy-Salted-Almond/dp/B00BN1HQHK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1380161427&sr=8-6&keywords=toblerone

    Fruit and Nut Toblerone:

    http://www.amazon.com/Toblerone-Fruit-Nut/dp/B001UK4OBK/ref=pd_sim_sbs_gro_9

    White Chocolate Toblerone:
    http://www.amazon.com/Toblerone-White-Chocolate-100g-3-52/dp/B000LQJKDQ/ref=pd_sim_gro_6

    Swiss White Chocolate Toblerone

    http://www.amazon.com/Toblerone-Bar-Chocolate-Almond-Nougat/dp/B006V5SFIW/ref=pd_sim_gro_4

    Dark Chocolate Toblerone:

    http://www.amazon.com/Toblerone-Chocolate-Almond-Nougat-3-52-Ounce/dp/B000H151ME/ref=sr_1_3?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1380161700&sr=1-3



    Anyway...sorry. This isn't a good influence. Hehee...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee. I've had the dark toblerone, not very keen on white chocolate, nor raisins, but I wouldn't mind trying the salted almond toblerone! As you say, not a good influence ;)

      Delete