Thursday 26 September 2013

Another Day, Another Doctor

I felt: Quite good overall. Though I notice that, even when I've slept well, I feel a distinct drop in energy levels in the early afternoon. I almost went up for a nap, but then had some phone calls I needed to deal with. Might have been why I gave into junk at my afternoon snack, though...


I thought: About all the doctor's appointments I used to go to with my son, and about how things went with my last pregnancy - not very cheerful thoughts. I went to see my GP, just to give them the info I have for their files. She asked if I'd have this baby at the same hospital as the last one - a resounding "No!" Whether or not they did anything wrong (and the doctor I spoke with yesterday suggested some things they might have done better), there's no way I'd want to be in the same hospital or deal with the same people.


I slept: 8 1/4 hours in 3 chunks - double hurrah!


I worked out:  First, I did 42 minutes of the Perfect Pregnancy Workout, with a former Cirque de Soleil acrobat, Karyne Steben. I really like 

that she includes some pregnancy specific exercises like kegels, but without going on annoyingly about picturing your baby or taking care of that precious new life.

Also, that she shows variations for different fitness levels, rather than just for different trimesters.
So many pregnancy workouts are just too easy for anyone who exercised before they got pregnant. However, it's largely a weights workout, and a bit dull. So, I added in 20 minutes of Salsa from Leisa Hart's Fit Mama, the first time I'd done it. She annoys me less than the majority of pregnancy presenters, so also a keeper, I think :)

I ate:  Afternoon snack included 36g oat biscuit, 26g Toblerone :( After dinner, 67g choc cake, 45g choc biscuits, approx. 36g choc almonds. Total 209g.

I am grateful for:  Being able to move, even if I don't feel very strong anymore, and get out of breath going up the stairs.

2 comments:

  1. So how far along are you now? What's the due date? Can we ask?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, given I'm blogging about it, I guess I can't be too shy ;) I'm 16 weeks, due date is 13th of March. So, ages to go yet...

      Delete