Monday 2 September 2013

Body Balance?

I felt: Tired. It's like my son has been reminding me that breathing wasn't his only issue with sleeping. Now, after the operation, he's breathing much better, but he's still sleeping badly :(


I thought: If we pop down to that shop, I can get something for dinner, oh, and they have those chocolates I haven't had for months... :/


I slept: 6 1/2 in 6 chunks :(

I worked out:  62 minutes of mixed cardio and light weights - Jessica Smith's Body Balance.

I ate:  96g choc biscuits, 85g choc muffins (42 after lunch, everything else after dinner), 58g choc - total 249g. Still not great, but improving.

I am grateful for:  Living near a beautiful park.

6 comments:

  1. This may sound like an idiotic question, but do they have any idea why he can't sleep? I can't imagine how he must feel having never been able to sleep in his entire life. It's quite distressing just read about, let alone to live with. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does sleep, just not very well. Still, I've heard of some people with his condition who actually go a night or two without sleeping at all, then might sleep 15 hours straight. So, in a relative way we feel lucky that he sleeps at least 8 hours a night, even if it's sometimes very broken.

      Another issue is that he has painful spasms that wake him up. They recently did an EEG on him for those, and concluded that they are non-neurologically triggered. Therefore, they don't recommend any medicine for them at all, and said if dosing him with analgesic helps, we should just keep on with that. Not hugely helpful, but in some ways I'm glad they didn't want to put him on any heavy-duty antispasmodics or anti-seizure medication...

      Delete
  2. How insanely frustrating. I am very sad that it hasn't helped BB's sleep. I sincerely hope that the underlying issues will be found. I will do some MBO's regarding your son 's sleep and general well-being.


    Xxxoooo,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get me wrong, it has helped his sleep, it just hasn't cured all the problems. But having him breathe better and not throw up every night are both big pluses :D

      Thanks for the good thoughts :)
      Kxxx

      Delete
  3. I'm glad he's breathing better but sorry he's still not sleeping well. Sleep is so important. Maybe he's been sleeping badly for so long that it's almost a habit and he'll relearn how to sleep for longer stretches of time now that he's feeling better. That's my hope anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, my hope too, Siddaleah, for him and for me! I was up at 4am this morning, even though he slept til nearly 6! *doh*
      Kxx

      Delete