Sunday 8 September 2013

More Nighttime Yoga :(

I felt: Tired and annoyed with myself for not sleeping. As soon as I have the slightest thing to worry about, I get insomnia. Which is really not helpful!



I thought: When my son is sleeping, why am I up doing yoga?


I slept: 7 1/4 hours in 4 chunks, including a morning and an afternoon nap. Felt a bit better after the post-lunch nap :)


I worked out:  33 minutes of yoga at 4.10am, because I was struggling to sleep. I enjoy the yoga, but I wish I wasn't doing it because my sleep is so poor. It's ironic that, with my son sleeping a bit better, I'm still not doing great in this regard. Later, I did 41 minutes of ballet with the Jazzercise Ballet Body dvd. It's a fun workout, though there are a few bits where I wish they didn't go quite so fast.

I ate:  159g fresh choc chip cookies after lunch :( 137g choc biscuitsafter dinner. Total - 296g. I notice the correlation between stress and tiredness on the one hand, and poor eating on the other!

I am grateful for: The help of cards in clarifying my thoughts and emotions.

3 comments:

  1. I definitely have noticed the same correlation between crappy eating and tiredness!

    Hope sleep goes better for you ASAP.

    And good luck with all your current ideas and projects and happenings. :)

    Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.s. I have the same experience. There are many nights when Pele is sleeping fine but I can't seem to settle in. I guess it goes to shoe there are multiple layers to insomnia. Perhaps you had too much on your mind? That would make sense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My DH keeps hoping that if our son starts sleeping better, eventually I will, too. After all, it's 5 1/2 years of disturbed sleep, so my sleep patterns are out of whack now, too. Still, you're also right that when I have stuff on my mind my insomnia is worse.

      Wishing you better sleep, too!
      Kxxx

      Delete