Friday 6 September 2013

Blessed Sleep

I felt: Quite relaxed, and grateful for such a good sleep.


I thought: About how to continue to modify my workouts now I'm pregnant. It's useful having taught classes myself, as I have a good basis, and am not afraid to improvise. Sometimes, I wish I could find some perfect pregnancy workouts on dvd, but most of them are really beginner-ish, or really slow, or really annoying, or all of the above! :(


I slept: 8 1/2 hours in 3 chunks - yay!


I worked out:  Ellen Barrett's Blood Type Workout. This is a bit bizarre, as I'm not the blood type she keeps talking about in the workout, but I still enjoy it a lot. It's a mix of cardio and sculpting, with light hand weights. There's also a section that uses a medicine ball, but I generally just skip that.

I ate:  About 180g of chocolate almond cake - yay, under 200 and nothing til after dinner!

I am grateful for: A more mellow week with no fixed deadlines.

14 comments:

  1. I think your workout variety is awesome--something to aspire to! Very glad to hear you slept well for once! I bet baby is amused by the belly dancing and chanting-- so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yes, I hope baby finds it fun, too, wiggling away. Or maybe I wake him/her up. Ah well, I know the shoe will be on the other foot soon enough ;)

      Delete
    2. Actually, I bet the baby finds both the movement and the sound of your voice soothing. From what I've read, the times baby sleeps the most is when the mother is active during the day. That's why a lot of women report getting kicked a lot by baby at night when they're less active.

      Delete
    3. Ha, well, then this baby should sleep fine at night, as I was up again doing yoga at 4am cos I couldn't sleep :/ Ah well...

      Delete
    4. Oh no!!

      Sorry you got up so early...I hate that. Sometimes pregnancy can make for odd sleep but hopefully you will get better rest soon!

      Hugs,
      MM

      Delete
    5. Not to worry, I got a couple of naps in later, so it's not too bad.

      Hope you're feeling better, too.
      Hugs,
      Kxx

      Delete
    6. Very glad to hear it!

      I do think I feel better (finally) but with some lingering fatigue that is hard to shake. But I also have not entirely processed the last couple of weeks!

      Hugs,
      MM

      Delete
  2. What?! You're pregnant?!!! Congratulations. Sorry, I didn't read anything after that because I was too excited. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Siddaleah! Yeah, I'm excited, too. It's weird, though, having known for a couple of months already, but now it's starting to feel more real, as I face the chance this baby will actually be born :)

      Delete
  3. Are we allowed to ask when it's due?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Official due date is 13th March, so still ages away :)

      Delete
    2. Aww...spring baby! Any sense of gender? Some people know...I definitely did!

      Delete
    3. Well, so far I've only come up with names for one gender, which wasn't the case in my previous pregnancies, so maybe that says something ;)

      Delete