Sunday 23 February 2014

Strong Saturday with Pics

I felt: Virtuous: we did a load of packing for the move. I was having trouble sleeping, so got up and packed three boxes at around 3.30am. Later, my DH and I managed to pack another 17 boxes while our son played and "helped" :)

I thought: About the "pregnancy workout" dvd's I had, and decided to give them all away. I don't intend to be pregnant again, and I haven't used them much, as most of them are aimed more at people who didn't exercise before they got pregnant.

I slept: 8 1/4 hours, despite the early morning packing.


I worked out:  51 minutes of step and sculpting with Cathe Friedrich's Body Fusion. I did it with 2.5k weights (5.5 lbs), whereas Cathe et al were using 3lbs, and last time I did it I used 2ks. Altogether I felt strong and fit and good about being 42 years old, 37 weeks pregnant, and still able to do a Cathe "intermediate" workout :) So, decided to take some pics, seeing as I've hardly got any of me this pregnancy. Excuse the weird photoshopped mask...


I ate:  21g biscuit after lunch. 109g chocolate and 75g biscuits after dinner. Total 205g.

I am grateful for:  Feeling fit and well.

6 comments:

  1. You look truly amazing and fit! You should be proud and feel good about yourself. :) Plus, twenty boxes is super impressive for packing! Grats! You can see the light at the end of the chaos tunnel, I hope? Glad you coordinated your fake face to match your outfit. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MM, that's sweet of you to say. It does feel good to be fit, even when I feel quite huge and waddly :)
      As for the boxes, that was just a teeny proportion of our stuff - 2 bookcases in a room with 4 of the darn things. Fortunately, the movers will do most of the packing, but as we have to give away some furniture, we have to clear that before anyone comes to take it.
      Tee hee, I'm sure I could have done a better job with the mask, but yeah, it kinda matches :D

      Delete
  2. Don't look now but your belly looks a bit swollen. Too much buttermilk? ha ha :) x You look fab as always. Though the mask did startle me on first sight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yeah, just a touch swollen ;) As for the mask, first I tried using the "blur" function, but that left me with a face that looked like it had melted - really spooky. The mask seemed a better choice…
      Although I know you're not a huge fan of the Pink Firms, I'm so glad I followed your suggestion to start trying Firms :) Maybe you'll get back to some of the Firm Classics one of these days. I just can't face the leotards and 80's hair :D

      Delete
  3. You look strong and healthy! Your labor will go so much easier for all of the attention you've given your body throughout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope so, and that's what studies generally show. Still, I was pretty fit last time around, too, and things didn't go great… This time, though, I have been meditating more and doing perineal massage, and have more of a support system in place, so fingers crossed! :)

      Delete