Monday 23 December 2013

Sucky Sunday

I felt: Still cold-y.


I thought: About people letting us down - supposed to have someone helping out with my son over Christmas, starting on Monday, and she texted me on Sunday to say it was all too much for her and she wasn't coming! I know he's got quite complicated needs, but she's trained as a special needs teacher, and works as a teaching assistant in a special needs school! Anyhow, that and my DH having an argument with someone else who works with our son really put a nasty edge on the whole day.


I slept: 9 1/4 hours in 5 chunks


I worked out:  41 minutes of Time Crunch Cardio by the Firm. Didn't realise this dvd was also with Allie del Rio. Quite enjoyed it, and will definitely do it again.


I ate:  73g brownie and 40g chocolate - total 113g - much better than recently.

I am grateful for:  Having had a reasonably good day on all fronts other than my son's carers.

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear. I am sorry things are so sucky with your son's carers. I read that latter half of December is a bit challenging astrologically, but that there is a rainbow at the end, so to speak.

    Sending swift healing to all things cold-y. I woke up feeling notably better than yesterday. Not perfectly but better. I read something yesterday about putting a capsule of probiotics in your neti pot (the contents, not the capsule) and I tried it a couple of times...maybe it helped!


    Hugs to you,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how interesting. I just ran out of probiotics, so I'll have to wait til tomorrow to try it. I don't feel awful, but it's weird not even being able to take a lemsip (warm drink with paracetamol and some decongestant). I remember last pregnancy I used to have oat milk with turmeric and honey, but the neti pot seems more effective than that.

      I feel such a wuss, sometimes, complaining that our carer fell through. It's just we had a lot of time with him last week, with the hospital visit, and now we're all ill, too :( Ah well, Christmas IS family time…

      Sending holiday happiness your way!
      Kxxx

      Delete
  2. Bless you, I hope you can work something out between you. xx

    (By the way, I got the parcel--you silly sausage! Thanks so much!!! Hugs)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been better than I feared, he's much better at playing autonomously, and has even sat with us at table a couple of times, which was really nice.

      Glad the parcel arrived ;) Hugs!

      Delete