Saturday 14 December 2013

Feel-Good Friday

I felt: A little anxious - see below.

I thought: About how to tell someone I don't want to give them any more of my time. They asked for a favour several weeks ago, and I've already given them 4 and a half hours of my time, and now they say they need more help next week! But my son is going into hospital, and I haven't yet finished my Christmas shopping, and I still have my regular work to do, too...

I slept: 8 hours in 3 chunks, including a long gap in the early hours again :/

I worked out:  19 minutes of yoga in the early hours, and 45 minutes of step with Kari Anderson's Go.

I ate:  75g biscuits and 40g chocolate - total 115g. Not too bad given my DH was out for the evening, which often encourages me to eat worse.

I am grateful for:  Having gotten quite a bit done again today.

3 comments:

  1. 'Learn to say no without offering an excuse.' If it were me I would just say I've done all I could for you, I have every confidence you will do well. I have nothing more to add to the advice I've already given. How this person reacts is owned entirely by them and nothing to do with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always feels icky when someone takes advantage of our generosity and steps on boundaries. I agree, just an, "I'm sorry I can't help you with that this time," with no excuse is the best way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, both! With my DH's assistance, I scripted an email, and she has accepted it - such a weight off my mind :)

    ReplyDelete