Wednesday 17 July 2013

"When Will It End?" Wednesday

I felt: Hot and tired. The one feeds into the other :/


I thought: When will this heatwave end?


I slept: 5 3/4 hours in 5 chunks :(  

My son slept a bit better than the last few nights, I think he's finally acclimatising to the heat. However, he was awake from 3.40am, and by the time I could go back to bed it was too hot and I was too stressed, as I also received some worrying news this morning: one of my son's carers may be going on indefinite leave.

I worked out:  58 minutes of step with Kari Anderson's Hot Steps (oh, the irony). I had to modify a couple of high intensity moves - a hitch kick and a quick, jumping lunge - but it was still fun and got me sweating. Though the latter isn't hard at the moment!

I ate:  Approx. 100g kataifi (a Greek dessert that looks like Shredded Wheat stuffed with nuts and syrup) and 10g turkish delight. Yep, you read that right. I think it's the first time since I started this blog that no chocolate in any form appeared in this section ;)

I am grateful for:  Good friends - had a girl's night out, which was lovely :)

2 comments:

  1. Girl's night out sounds good -- and your Greek food sounds much nicer than the dreadful Indian we had! Compared to the lovely food we had recently, it was such a disappointment. Ah well. It was still nice to get together with our friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear the food on your girl's night wasn't much cop. Still, at least the company was good, right?

      As for me, as well as the kataifi I had a delicious melitzana salata - aubergine salad. Gorgeously garlicy :D

      Delete