Sunday 7 July 2013

Weekend Catch-Up

Tree in Chatsworth House's gardens

Friday 5th July

I felt:  Both excited and nervous to be away from home.

I thought:  About my dietary choices - no longer being vegan or even vegetarian.  At one point in my life I couldn’t imagine ever eating meat again, now I can’t imagine excluding it absolutely from my diet.

I slept: 4 3/4 hours in 3 chunks :((

I did something new:  I shared a room with someone other than my DH.  While not totally new, I haven’t done that in a long time.

I worked out:  Cathe Friedrich - 43mins Step - Low impact challenge.  Got up early with my son, and then couldn’t sleep when I had the chance as I was excited about travelling.  So, got up and exercised instead.  My DH wasn’t impressed with my doing step while he was still trying to sleep - whoops!

I ate:  100g choc biscuits

I am grateful for:  Being able to hear a different perspective on life.

Chatsworth House's emblematic snake
Saturday 6th July

I felt:  A little hot and bothered at times, as my DH said: “Scorchio!” :D

I thought:  About what it would have been like to be invited to a party in a stately home back in its Victorian heyday.

I slept:  7 1/2 hours in 2 chunks :)

I did something new:  Visited a stately home :)

I worked out:  58 minutes yoga - I’d taken my travel yoga mat with me, and thought I might be able to workout in the garden where we were staying, as it was nice and warm.  However, the grass was still dewy, so I was glad to find a summer house I could use.

I ate:  100g choc chip cookie

I am grateful for:  Interesting conversations

Bast or Pandoran?
Sunday 7th July

I felt:  A little tired and a lot hot, but also quite peaceful and relaxed.

I thought:  Bad thoughts about the railway companies, as my first train was delayed, so I missed my connection, and barely made it home in time to kiss my son before bed :((

I slept: 6 1/4 in 3 chunks - so-so...

I did something new:  I visited a town that was a British biker haven - we didn’t know that before we went there :o

I worked out:  58 mins yoga - there was someone sleeping in the summerhouse, so I ended up back in our room.  Fortunately, my roommate didn’t seem to mind too much that I was doing yoga poses and ujjayi breathing right next to her bed.

I ate:  150g choc biscuits

I am grateful for:  Being home with my family, who I love dearly.

2 comments: