Tuesday 23 July 2013

Too Hot Monday

I felt: Hot and tired. Up to 34ºC today (93ºF) and seriously humid!


I thought: About all the years I've been exercising. I was one of those weird kids at school who actually liked PE, long distance running, and various individual and group sports. Though not a jock, as such, I never skived gym class. In University, some friends and I set up a netball team for intramural competitions with other clubs. And I started doing aerobics when I was 18, though I didn't get really into it until after Uni. Once I found exercise dvd's that was it, I was a vidiot :)


I slept: 7 1/4 hours in 5 chunks. My son was up from 3.45am :( At least I managed to nap again later, as I'd had less than 5 hours sleep in 3 chunks at that point!

I worked out:  45 minutes of step with Kari Anderson's Go. This is an extremely simple, beginner's workout, but it was too hot to do anything complex. I still ended up with sweat dripping!

It's funny to think, I've been doing Kari Anderson workouts for at least 15 years! They've always been fun, and I still like her style. While not tough like Cathe, she cues well and teaches an interesting mix of exercise styles. I also really like some of her ballet workouts :)

I ate:  Nothing bad. I blame the heat :D

I am grateful for:  Fans.

2 comments:

  1. Haha--d'oh!!!

    You didn't get your daily requisite of chocolate?!!! EVIL! :)

    Sorry about the heat. I agree with your not-loving-heat thing.

    XOXO,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cooled down a bit now, fortunately! Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
      Hugs,
      Kx

      Delete