Tuesday 16 July 2013

We're Having a Heatwave


I felt: Hot and tired. When will this heatwave end? Even with all the windows open to catch every last breeze, it was still 24ºC (75ºF) in here this morning!

I thought: About people we stay in contact or lose touch with. What determines that? Sometimes it's a conscious choice, other times it just seems to happen.

I slept: 5 1/2 hours in 7 chunks - yeah, really bad night!

I worked out:  42 minutes stepping with Cathe's Low Impact Challenge

I ate:  125g choc chip biscuits. I was proud of myself for stopping there, as that was half each of two cookies. I almost went back for the second half, but I resisted. I think this blog helps with that - knowing I'll be writing it up...

I am grateful for:  A modicum of will power.

4 comments:

  1. Doesn't anyone in this country have air conditioning? I would have thought your salubrious home would have it in the walls somewhere! :)

    Good work on the cookies. Funny how you took half each of two. Did that make you feel like you'd had more? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very few people have it, except in new builds. Whereas our home is an old Victorian, so no, definitely no AC.

      As for the cookies, it was actually half each of two different kinds. One was a regular choc chip cookie, as in the picture (except with nicer choc that melted all over the place), while the other was a "reverse choc chip cookie", ie. dark chocolate dough with white chocolate pieces. Nom, nom :)

      Delete
  2. Haha--you are tempting me with your decadent photos! ;)

    I'm having an iced coffee right now. Low/no sugar, but I should probably cut out caffeine. I try not to have very much when I do have it. Like you I think a modicum of self control is far better than none!

    My bladder is killing me lately. Overall my symptoms have improved over the past week but I still need to pee constantly. Driving me nuts! I see my chiropractor for the NRT again on Thursday. I am looking forward to uncovering more issues/causes and then resolving them!

    Sending you a lovely mid-week.

    XOX,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear your bladder is still giving you trouble! I hate that feeling of constantly needing to go, then you get there and nothing happens :( Good luck on Thursday!
      Hugs,
      Kx

      Delete