Friday 12 July 2013

F-f-f-friday

I felt: Warm and happy: my DH and I went out to the park for lunch, and lay there for a bit in the sunshine. I am also chuffed to have sent off some files that I didn't think I'd have done so soon, so that felt good.

I thought: About how I often sleep quite well after a binge. Not that I think I should binge more, but this is one of the reasons why fasting really didn't suit me. I can't sleep if I'm hungry. I think it's one of the reasons I woke up at 5.20 yesterday. Not that I was "feed me a wooly mammoth" hungry, but just hungry enough that I wanted to get up and do something about it. So, I'll take the good sleep, and try to eat better today (went so-so).

I slept: 7 3/4 hours in two chunks - yay!

I worked out:  58 minutes of Cathe Friedrich's Cardio Kicks. I've had this DVD since it came out in 2000, but haven't done it for at least 9 years, due to chronic shinsplints. It was strange having to modify it to avoid any high impact moves, and there were a couple of intensity drills that didn't work that well. Overall, though, it was fun, I worked up a sweat, and my shoulders hurt afterwards, so I'd do it again :)

I ate:  130g choc chip biscuits + 42g Minstrels (choc drops). Not great, but not dreadful.

I am grateful for:  A neti pot: I'm sure my hay fever would have been much worse this year if it hadn't been for using it daily.

4 comments:

  1. It must be nice to be able to spend so much time at home and with your husband. Congrats on doing Cathe. Just the still shot makes me want to cower in fear. (Actually just thinking the name 'Cathe' makes me cower in fear.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice, especially when the weather is so lovely :) He wanted to stay out in the park longer, but I knew I had quite a lot of work to do, so it was just for our official lunch break ;D

      As for Cathe, I was struck by how she looked somewhat chunkier in this dvd than in more modern ones, and also that she did suggest modifications for some things, though none of the "crew" actually did them. And she said things like, "make the workout work for you, do as much as you can". So, a somewhat gentler Cathe, in some ways :D

      Delete
  2. I can't sleep if I'm hungry either. Even just a piece of whole wheat toast helps me, on those odd days that I'm hungry before bed. I tend to be an evening snacker, so I am rarely hungry at bedtime. An area in which to improve for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what's up with that? I've heard some people say that when they're hungry, they just want to sleep, so they don't use as much energy. But, like you, I need a little something in my tummy, else I feel like I have to get up and find something...

      Delete