Sunday 16 June 2013

Father's Day

Today I weighed: 66.2 k


BMI: 24.3


I felt: Angry at my DH when he shouted at me for something that was totally not my fault, then guilty as I know he was just upset, and I hadn't done anything up til then to celebrate Father's Day, nor tell him what a great dad he is.


I thought: My weight might have dropped a bit, so I dared the scales. Yay, not much, but 0.6k is 1.3 lbs, and at least it's going in the right direction!


I slept: 8 hours in 3 chunks - excellent!

I did something new: 14 minutes of Hot Hula exercise. I quite like the concept, basically a lot like belly dance. I can see how it'd be good for the abs and the thighs (and arms if you use weights on them). However, the production values were terrible - could barely hear the instructor over the music. Plus, not having special weight belts, I wasn't getting much of a work out. I'd probably try it again, on a day when I've already done some "proper" exercise :D

I worked out:  After the hula I did 42 minutes of Cathe's Low Impact Step Challenge - now that's what I call a workout :)

I ate:  75g biscuits, 25g chocolate.

I am grateful for:  A relaxing weekend before a busy week.

4 comments:

  1. 1.3 lbs is great! Are you talking about Hula as in the dance? I saw some hula hooping on Youtube a couple of months ago and thought that looked like a really fun thing to learn with my daughters. It would be great for abs, hips, and thighs. The women in the videos were getting arm and leg workouts with the hoops too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a hula dance video, though they wear weights around their hips and upper arms. As for hula hooping, I love that! Maybe with a weighted hoop it would be a workout, but with a flimsy one, it's movement, but not enough for me to count it. It is fun, though, so why not give it a try...

      Delete
  2. Do you hop back on those press ups? I don't! I step my feet back one at a time and then step them back up one at a time! I like LIS Challenge okay, but I love Step Moves most. In fact maybe I will do Step Moves today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do hop back, though I'm not sure I should. At least with those I'm in trainers - I've stopped jumping back when going into chaturanga in my yoga practice! I don't think I've ever done Step Moves, but it's probably too high impact for me...

      Delete