Wednesday 12 June 2013

Birthday Resolutions

What I watched while on the bike, and when I started.
Inspired by Eowyn's new Willowy Me blog, I decided perhaps I should try something to make me feel more accountable.  I have a bit of weight I'd like to lose, which feels like it gets harder and harder to shift now I'm in my forties.  So, I'll try to keep a daily log of a few things.  Not everything I eat, as that bores me.  As long as I only have a sweet treat after dinner, kept within reasonable amounts, I feel fairly confident I'll lose some weight.  Also, I'm not going to weigh myself every day, as I don't find that helpful (and I say this from experience, given there was a time in my life where I weighted myself several times a day). I'll just give an update on that as and when.

Today's Weight: 66.8k

BMI: 24.5

I felt: Generally okay.  Busy, not enough me-time, but quite nice social time.

I thought: When I woke up, I thought, "I'm 42 and I'm fat!"  Not a nice feeling.

I slept: 8 hours in 5 chunks.

I worked out: 46 minutes static bike, 9 minutes stretch.

I ate:  approximately 125g of chocolate and biscuits after dinner.



5 comments:

  1. Great start!! Glad you're joining in. Go, Team Pagan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, my BMI is 24.5, too! Exactly! ha ha. When I was at my best, it was 20.5. Glory days.

      Delete
    2. Hmm, when I was at my worst it was 25, my other worst was 18. I'd be happy with 22.8...

      Delete
    3. My worst was 33.4.

      Delete
    4. Yikes, can't imagine what that was like. Even if we aren't all slender and trim, at least we're healthy, right?

      Delete