Saturday 12 April 2014

Ballet Burn and Broccoli

I've been working out most days, though quite often just a short one - 20-30 minutes -  and often interrupted by walking the baby to burp him, or breastfeeding.  Still, I'm chuffed that I'm managing any exercise, and definitely feel I need it.  Firstly, because as someone pointed out on Thursday, my posture when carrying the baby hasn't been great, and I need to stay strong if I'm going to carry him around.  Secondly, because it is a great mood enhancer and tension release, which I certainly feel in need of.  Yesterday, I had a bit of the baby blues, probably reinforced by not enough sleep/too much time walking round in the middle of the night.

I think Little One is quite windy, and it's probably at least as much due to diet as to not burping enough.    I feel in a quandary, though, because I don't want to cut out beans and lentils and broccoli and all that good stuff from my diet!  How come healthy stuff is so often wind-inducing?

Anyhow, enough toilet talk, I actually ached most after the Jazzercise Ballet Body workout!  Didn't really enjoy the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred - a bit boring (it was the level one workout), and too high impact.  Nice to do some self-practice yoga, too, as my back has been a bit achey.  I love exercise!

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand--that darn brassica gas! :D I love broccoli and legumes, too. Some people say soaking their beans or grains helps with the gassiness. I'm not sure. I bet there is info out there about it. I know babies go through lots of digestive changes, and it can be hard to pinpoint. Sending calming gut love, gentle winds. :) Maybe he's still recovering from the antibiotics? Anyway...time to go use the old neti pot. Hope you have a peaceful night. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do soak beans when I cook them from scratch, though I haven't done much of that lately, either. Could be he's still recovering from the antibiotics, but I think it's more to do with the digestive changes.

      Glad to hear you're using your neti pot - maybe that's why you didn't get ill in March :)

      Delete