Wednesday 28 August 2013

Whimper

Tuesday's brownie with mango sorbet and home-made choc sauce
It seems my detox time has ended on more of a whimper than a bang.  On Sunday, I had a small bag of Maltesers (37g), on Monday I had a chocolate cake with mango sorbet after a meal out with my DH (at a guess, 250g), and on Tuesday I had 67g of choc biscuits after lunch, followed by a brownie with mango sorbet and chocolate sauce for dinner (I'm guessing about 200g) and another 45g of choc biscuits.  I had hoped the detox vibe would last a little longer, or that I could incorporate it more into my everyday life, but as it is I guess I'd better start making myself accountable again, else I could go overboard and lose all the progress I've made.

I figure so long as I can return to my practice pre-detox of just having one sweet treat after dinner, I should be fine.  So, no more biscuits after lunch!!

As for exercise, I've still been working out daily, and yesterday even got on the static bike again, which I've been doing very little of.  Yoga may have to go on the back burner for a while, as I've done something to my left ring finger.  Not sure how I did it, but chaturanga's sure don't do it any favours :(  At the moment, I have it splinted to my middle finger with some micropore tape, more as a mindfulness reminder than anything else.  Makes typing a bit of a hassle, but I need to do something as it's been bothering me for nearly a week now, and is visibly swollen.

2 comments:

  1. Well, welcome back! Sorry to hear about your finger, but better your finger than your entire back! I've been thinking I should substitute regular workouts for some of my yoga sessions because 1) for me, yoga isn't really a workout because I'm not able to put some welly behind it and do fast sun salutes, etc, 2) if I want to get strong enough to do them, I need to train differently. I'm spending my entire life trying to learn that things are all connected. When will I ever learn?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eowyn! And yes, you're right, better my finger than my back. Still, it's painful and annoying. Ah well.

      And I've always been in favour of mixing and matching workouts. Nothing is perfect, and as you say, everything is connected. I think it's just that you keep hoping there will be something that ticks every box, but it's back to the Temperance card, I guess...

      Delete