Friday 30 August 2013

Meditative Exercise

I felt: Entitled, nervous and lonely. Entitled because I haven't had sugar or chocolate for so long, nervous about the news I'm expecting tomorrow, and lonely because my DH was out for a boy's night. Altogether, it led to overeating, totally ignoring the advice of the cards :(


I thought: About how meditation and exercise are related. Doing some yoga in the middle of the night was very meditative. I've noticed this before with nighttime practices when I don't turn the lights on :)


I slept: 6 3/4 in 4 chunks

I worked out:  Got up at 2.45am, having been awake for 45 minutes already, and did half an hour yoga. I noticed a couple of twinges in my finger, but at least it calmed me so I could get back to sleep again! Later, I did Erin O'Brien's Strong Body, Ageless Body, a 43 minute weights workout aimed at old folk, but it's pretty good.

I ate:  80g choc, 50g mango sorbet, 140g choc florentines, 45g choc biscuits - total - 315 :((

I am grateful for:  Tomorrow being a new day.

2 comments:

  1. Well done! During the time I'd set aside to work out yesterday, I instead baked a cake. Go me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they say it's better to eat home-baked cakes, anyway, so that is good. Now exercising and baking a cake would be ideal :D

      Delete