Saturday 17 August 2013

Quick Weigh-In

Today, for the first time in a while, I decided to do a weigh-in.  Although I haven't felt I had the time to write about it, I've been following an almost totally sugar-free diet since I went on blog hiatus.  Still working out daily, though a lot less cardio than before: mainly yoga, ballet, pilates and weights.

It's funny, because I do wonder whether decreasing my cardio decreases my appetite.  Yet, I do love cardio so...  Anyhow, this has been a strange time-out over the summer, and I can't claim credit for special powers of self-discipline, it's been kind of enforced on me by my family situation.

All this to say, I weighed in today at 63.3 kilos (139.5lbs).  Adding to that the fact that I got my height taken yesterday and was assured that I'm a centimetre taller than I thought I was, that puts my BMI at 23 exactly - woot!

On the down side, I dream of chocolate cakes with scary regularity, and have started salivating at the thought of poor quality chocolate I would normally turn my nose up at.  When things settle, I can't see this lasting...

7 comments:

  1. Well done!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I felt I had to weigh myself, as my DH said he thought I'd put on weight (yeah, what a sweetie!) I think it's just because he has lost about 5 kilos in the last year, whereas I've gained and then lost 4.5 kilos, so I'm back where I started. So, relative to him, I've gained 5 kilos - bah!

      Delete
    2. Grats on the sugar thing...sugar is so bad for us in ways far beyond our weight so I am thinking of that mainly but I know how good it feels to lose weight!

      I hope you can stay on the wagon for the mist part--only indulging once in a while on good quality treats--that is always my goal. It is also good not to wholly resist our imperfections...I really do think what we resist persists...but planning is really necessary to avoid a total dive into an emotional pool of gooey chocolate.

      Have you tried things like a smoothie made with organic unsweetened cocoa, stevia, egg white powder or other protein powder, almond or coconut milk and ice? You can make a low sugar, protein packed treat that is like a frozen hot chocolate. Of course, I still recommend having real sweets on occasion.

      Anyway...enough rambling from me.

      Delete
    3. Hiya MM,

      Yum, yum, diving into a pool of gooey chocolate! Oh, wait, that's what I'm supposed to avoid *doh* :D

      I haven't tried a smoothie like you suggest. While it sounds good, I generally prefer things that are room temperature, or warm - more satisfying, and they just seem to sit better with me. For a while, I was having soy chocolate puddings heated up like chocolate custard as my sweet treat...

      Enough rambling in return ;)
      Hugs,
      Kxx

      Delete
    4. That is a good idea...I should look up s recipe for grain free, lower sugar volcano cakes (the ones that are gooey in the middle) hmnn. Moderation, eh? Hehe... I hope the operation went well. I will be thinking good recovery thoughts...

      Delete
    5. Thanks, MM. The operation did go well. He's still got sleep issues, I don't think that will ever go away, but his breathing is better, and he's not snotty for the first time in several years - that's a fabulous change!

      A low sugar volcano cake sounds gorgeous. I'm currently shopping for ingredients to make a lower sugar triple chocolate muffin - I figure at least home baked goods made with agave are a bit healthier, if I'm going to be eating chocolate at all...

      Delete